5th Year | Full-Time Course
The foundation of a successful Leaving Certificate programme is laid in 5th year. There are many advantages to the structure we offer:
- Students have access to a wide range of subjects, including some not covered at Junior Certificate. We will be happy to advise you on your subject choice.
- Students obtain an excellent grounding in each subject and enter sixth year well prepared for the challenges ahead.
- Additional weekly language tutorials are most advantageous. In the language exams, between 25% and 40% of the overall mark is awarded for oral competency. We provide you with the opportunity to prepare well for this vital area.
- Weekly class tests enable us to monitor your progress, identify weaknesses and rectify them before you enter sixth year.
- In subject areas where a project or special topic is required for examination purposes teachers will help you to prepare your project outline, give you advice and correct your work. We aim to complete all project work in 5th year.
- Individualised study plans help each student to make the best possible use of their time.